Traditionally, the cake is made with raisins. We invite you to diversify the classic recipe and add fresh sour apples and sweet cherries to the cake. Ideal for tea.
- Butter - 150 gr
- Sugar - 3/4 cup
- 1 egg
- Zest of one lemon
- Vanillin - 1 tsp l.
- Milk - 1 glass
- Flour - 1.5 cups
- Baking powder - 1 table. l.
- Cinnamon - 1 tsp l.
- Salt - 1/2 teaspoon l.
- 1 apple
- Frozen (or fresh) cherries - 100 gr
- Raisins - 100 gr
- Calvados - 50 ml
- Rinse the raisins, fill with calvados and leave to infuse overnight.
- Beat butter and sugar with a mixer. Add egg, vanillin and lemon zest.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- Combine both mixtures in three steps, adding milk a second time. Add the peeled and diced apple, Calvados infused raisins and cherries (pitted).
- Put the dough in a muffin tin, grease it with oil and flour to prevent the muffin from burning. Bake in an oven preheated to 170 ° C for about 50 minutes.
The cake pan can be either round or classic (rectangular).
Photo: Getty Images