One crazy nutritionist has come up with a convenient rule - eat once a day. If you decide to follow his bad advice, then choosing a lunch, opt for Pavlova cake, it will completely replace the first, second, and third - incredibly tasty, divinely beautiful and terribly high in calories.
Ingredients (for 8 servings):
- Egg whites - 4 pcs.
- Powdered sugar - 200 g.
- Instant coffee - 1 tsp
- Corn flour (rice or oatmeal) - 1 tbsp.
- Cream (whipped, 30%) - 300 ml.
- Greek yogurt (or sour cream) - 4 tablespoons
- Chocolate (crushed, black) - 50 g.
- Pecans (fried and coarsely chopped) - 50 g.
- Coffee extract - 1 tsp
- Maple syrup
- Cocoa powder
- Fresh berries
- Preheat oven to 110C. Beat the egg whites, gradually adding sugar until thickened.
- Add coffee and flour carefully. Line two baking sheets with baking parchment, glue to the bottom with a little protein.
- Divide the mass into eight servings, place on a baking sheet, make a small indentation in the center of each and bake for an hour. After turning off the oven, leave the cakes to cool in it for a few hours.
- Combine all the ingredients to make the cream filling. If the mixture is too thick, add some liquid cream.
- Before serving, garnish each cake with a generous helping of cream, sprinkle with pecans and berries, drizzle with maple syrup and lightly dust with cocoa.
And 14 more options for the most beautiful and delicious PAVLOV cakes with different fillings:
Photo: Getty Images