For 2 cans of 500 ml:
1 kg of solid nectarines • 175 g of sugar • 3 tbsp. tablespoons of lemon juice • 5 tbsp. spoons of Cointreau liqueur • 400 ml prosecco • 40 g chopped almonds • 3 packs of vanilla sugar • 200 ml passion fruit nectar • 50 g dried cranberries
- Free the nectarines from the seeds and cut into large slices.
- Melt the sugar in a large bowl and keep it on fire a little more until it turns golden brown. Add lemon juice, cointreau, prosecco and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Then put the slices of nectarine, chopped almonds and vanilla sugar in the compote. Season with passionfruit nectar and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Remove the finished slices of nectarines from the compote and transfer to sterile jars. And keep the compote itself for another 4-5 minutes on the fire, so that it thickens slightly. At the end, add cranberries, boil and pour nectarines with compote.
- It remains to screw the lids on the jars and pasteurize for 15–20 minutes (but do not boil) in a water bath. When closed, the compote will stand for a year.