At the end of April, the Twins restaurant hosted a tour of Rodolfo Guzmán, chef of the Chilean restaurant BORAGó. He has worked in many famous restaurants in Chile and Europe, going through the entire hierarchy of positions in the kitchen. Rodolfo's signature style is based on interpreting local products and following local traditions. In his dishes, he uses Chilean seafood, plants, mushrooms and water from forests, valleys and mountains, thus trying to show the variety of tastes that the earth gives us every day. The chef takes as a basis the agricultural traditions of Mapuche and Picunche, the indigenous Indian peoples of Chile, but at the same time develops his own attitude to gastronomy and shows the products we are used to in a new light.
We asked the chef to share his favorite recipes with us. We warn you, it's interesting to read, it's impossible to repeat!
Ingredients: 2 whole Changai crabs, clam with seaweed, 250 gr. sunflower oil, 2 egg yolks, seaweed powder, 1 Chilean shellfish, juice of two lemons, salt, 1 Chagual cactus root; creamy fennel: spinach puree, fennel, sunflower oil, butter, cheese, salt; waffles: 700 gr. flour, 45 gr. squid ink, water
- Changai Crab: Take a whole crab and wrap in plastic wrap. Steam at 80 ° C for 5 minutes. Remove the crab meat with tongs and set aside.
- Seaweed Clam: Prepare mayonnaise by mixing egg yolks and sunflower oil. Season to taste with seaweed powder, lemon juice and salt. Cut the clam into 2mm cubes and top with mayonnaise.
- Creamy Fennel: Pour enough oil over the fennel to cover it completely. Dry in a hot skillet or baking sheet until the fennel is lightly browned on one side. Heat the spinach puree in a saucepan. While doing this, add the required amount of butter and cheese for a smooth and creamy mixture. Add toasted fennel to the mixture and season with salt to taste.
Chaguala Cactus: Remove the outer fibrous layers of the cactus. Take the inner delicate layers and slice thinly.
Marinate in lemon juice for an hour. Squeeze out excess water and season with salt to taste.
- Waffles: Divide the flour into 4 parts: 200 gr., 200 gr., 150 gr. and 150 gr. Divide squid ink into 3 parts: 1 g., 4 g. and 40 gr. Thus, you should have 4 different colors of waffles: white, gray, dark gray and black. For the first type, mix 150 gr. flour and 1 gr. squid ink, to the second 150 gr. flour add 40 gr. ink, and 200 gr. add 4 gr. Leave 200 gr. flour without ink. Add enough water to each part of the flour to make a batter. Bake even waffles from the dough. Divide the finished waffles into several small pieces.
- Serving: Combine crab meat, clam, creamy fennel and cactus, carefully place the waffles on top and serve.
Ingredients: 400 gr. moon beans, 32 gr. squid ink, 10 gr. red chili, 4 onions, 4 red peppers, salt, 40 gr. chopped conger eel, flour; 4 kg. Kochayuyu seaweed roots; squid ink in oil: 100 gr. flour, 100 gr. rice flour, 2.6 gr. baking powder, 36 gr. squid ink, 20 gr. honey, 130 gr. Pisco (grape vodka), 130 gr. Chilean lager (type of beer)
- Bean puree: Soak moon beans in water overnight. Cut onion and red pepper into thin slices and fry until soft. Boil the beans in water until soft. Mix all ingredients until puree. Season to taste.
- Squid ink in oil: Mix all dry ingredients. Gradually blend Chilean lager, pisco, honey, and squid ink. Pour the resulting batter into a siphon and with a CO2 canister and beat twice. Keep cold.
- Cochayuyu seaweed root broth: Cut the cochayuyuyuyuyuyuyu seaweed roots into large cubes to add bulk to the outside. Place in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil and simmer for 12 hours. Strain the broth through a cloth.
- Serving: Add squid ink and mashed potatoes to broth and serve.
Dish Tres Leches
Ingredients: 9 eggs, 120 gr. sugar, 80 gr. beetroot puree, 50 gr. beetroot juice, 200 gr. flour; 1 l. donkey milk; goat milk cake: 3 l. goat milk, 1.5 l. cream, 45 gr. glucose, 720 gr. powdered milk, 750 gr. sugar, 180 gr. dextrose, 12 gr. stabilizer; elderberry mousse: 400 gr. homemade elderberry syrup (with whole elderberries), 3.2 gr. agar-agar, 45 gr. transparent glaze, 5 gr. gelatin, twig-shaped confectionery decoration; maca glaze (Chilean princess): 76g. maca extract, 60 gr. blackberry extract, 500 gr. natural glaze; fresh cow milk cream: 50 gr. cream, 200 gr. yogurt; strawberry jam: 200 gr. sugar, 200 gr. water, 1 basket of ripe strawberries; alfalfa oil: 100 gr. selected flowers of alfalfa, 100 gr. olive oil
- Beetroot biscuit: Beat eggs and sugar until frothy. Combine the beetroot juice and puree. Add flour and mix until a thick, oily mass is formed. Place on a baking sheet, preheat the oven to 180 degrees and leave to cook for 16 minutes.
- Goat milk cake: Mix milk, cream, glucose and heat to 50 degrees. Add all dry ingredients to the resulting cream and heat to 85 degrees. Pour the mixture into small tins and freeze.
- Maca frosting: Combine ingredients and set aside for a while.
- Elderberry mousse: Squeeze the syrup out of the elderberry flowers. Set to simmer, gradually adding the glaze and agar. When the syrup has cooled slightly, add the gelatin. Add ice until completely cooled. Apply syrup to pastry branches. While the syrup is still warm, use tweezers to gently place the elderberries on the branches. Cover the top with another branch for decoration.
- Strawberry jam: Bring water and sugar to a boil. At this time, peel and quarter the strawberries. Once the syrup has boiled, remove from heat and add strawberries to it and cover with a lid. When the mass has cooled to room temperature, the jam is ready.
- Alfalfa oil: Whisk the alfalfa butter for 7 minutes at 60 degrees. Strain through a mesh and place in a bottle.
- Donkey Milk Granite: Freeze donkey milk. Break the frozen milk into chunks for a whisk. Mix the frozen milk in the thermomix, gradually adding liquid nitrogen in small portions. When doing so, make sure the mass remains frozen.
- Serving: Place the beet sponge cake on a platter and goat milk cake on top. Add elderberry mousse, strawberry jam, and milk granite. Place elderberries on top, cover with a pastry branch.
- Dessert classics: three legendary recipes from Anna Olson
- Dinner at Tiffany's: 7 Recipes from Chef Tiffani Thiessen
- Haute Cuisine in Your Home: Chef's Recipes