Travel cuisine can be high, participants in the Mamont Camp gastronomic journey are sure. The expedition to the Kola Peninsula gathered interesting people in the very harsh, but magically beautiful natural conditions of the Russian North and presented an unforgettable culinary research experience.
You may not be ready to master the course of survival on buggies and quads off the coast of the Barents Sea, but we advise you to take note of these recipes: they will come in handy if you suddenly want to change from cozy home cooking to a romantic field one.
Author: actor Pavel Derevyanko
fillet Salmon fillet
Boil the crab claws for 4-5 minutes in salted water, remove, clean, take out the meat. On the "waste" we cook the broth, filter it, add chopped potatoes and chopped fish (white and red). Cook everything over low heat for 5 minutes. Then add a seafood cocktail, scallops, chopped crab meat and cook for another 3-4 minutes. We bring the ear "to taste", remove from heat and fill with butter and chopped herbs.
Braised venison with mushrooms
Author: actor Alexander Robak
Freshly ground pepper
berries (to decorate)
Cut the venison into large pieces. Add vegetable oil to a well-heated frying pan and spread the meat, lightly fry, then salt, pepper, reduce the heat and cover. Cooking mushrooms: clean, wash and boil in salted water. We also chop the boiled mushrooms into large pieces. Cooking vegetables, onions and carrots: clean, wash, cut coarsely. Fry vegetables and mushrooms in vegetable oil. Add vegetables to meat, pour red wine and simmer until tender. When the venison is soft, add the butter, salt and pepper (a little sugar if necessary). Decorate with fresh berries (cranberries, lingonberries) and serve with baked potatoes.
Kamchatka crab with watermelon and bisque sauce
Author: Chef of the Severyane restaurant Georgy Troyan
Onion (100 g)
Garlic (20 g)
Fresh ginger (20 g)
Bisque (200 ml)
Teriyaki sauce (30 g)
Butter (200 g)
Lemongrass (1 pc)
- We throw Kamchatka crab into boiling sea water and cook for 5-7 minutes. Then we disassemble it. Cooking bisque sauce from crab shell. Fry the shell with vegetables (onions, carrots, tomatoes), fill with water and evaporate for a long time over low heat.
- Fry finely chopped onion, garlic and ginger in butter, add lemongrass, teriyaki sauce and the prepared evaporated bisque. Simmer again and remove lemongrass. At the very end, add butter and punch in a blender.
- Cut the watermelon into cubes, add lemon juice and soy sauce and olive oil. We spread the crab in a slide, pour bisque with hot sauce, on top with a slide ─ watermelon cubes. Sprinkle everything with finely chopped green onions and serve.
Trout tartare with cucumber, dill and mustard salsa
Author: Chef of the Kokoko restaurant (St. Petersburg) Igor Grishechkin
Creamy horseradish (50 g)
Milk (150 ml)
Potatoes (240 g)
Cucumbers (200 g)
Dill (50 g)
Vegetable oil (50 ml)
Granular mustard (20 g)
Onions (30 g)
Trout fillet (250 g))
Sorrel to taste
Salt to taste
- Stir creamy horseradish and milk until thick pancake dough.
- Boil jacket potatoes in salted water. Smoke the potatoes in the smokehouse hot for 40 minutes. Scorch with a burner so that the potatoes become tan, as if pulled out of a fire. You can smoke potatoes at home in an old saucepan. Put sawdust on the bottom, put a grate on top (for example, a stand for hot dishes), set fire to sawdust, put potatoes on the grate, cover the pan with a lid and leave for 20 minutes.
- Peel the cucumbers, cut into small cubes.
- Chop the dill finely, add vegetable oil, mix. Add mustard, a little salt, mix everything. Add cucumbers and onions, chopped into small cubes. Mix everything well.
- Remove the bones from the trout fillet, cut the fillet into small cubes, add salt, leave in the refrigerator for half an hour to salt the fish.
- Rinse the sorrel and dry.
- Put the creamy horseradish sauce in a deep plate, then three potatoes, top with cucumber salsa, then trout tartare, garnish with sorrel leaves and dill sprigs
The non-profit foundation MAMONT supports scientific research in the Arctic region and popularizes remote, little-known territories of our planet. In previous expeditions of the Mamont Cup series, the team conquered the North Pole, visited the magical Putorana Plateau and the foggy Shantar Islands and visited the most mysterious continent - Antarctica.
Photo: Getty Images, press archives
- Is it possible to eat Russian fish (and if so, which one)
- 5 steps to take tonight to lose weight tomorrow
- Anacapri: the celebrity resort's choice of paparazzi exclusion