The master class of the chef of the Mercure Moscow Paveletskay hotel Konstantin Avakov, which he conducted especially for Marie Claire, was more like an illusionist performance - sometimes it was difficult to keep track of the instantaneous metamorphoses of ingredients that change their shape, color and taste. To achieve the same ease, you will have to practice a little, but the gastronomic and aesthetic pleasure that you get is well worth it.
Summer tartin with rustic ricotta, avocado and tomato platter
Slice of bread - 90 g
Ricotta - 65 g
- 2 g Olive oil - 10 g
Avocado - 112 g
Cherry tomatoes - 70 g
Sun-dried tomatoes - 70 g
Shallots - 6 g
Sea salt and pepper to taste
Sesame and poppy seeds for decoration
- Grill the bread, grate with garlic, brush with olive oil.
- Grate lime zest and garlic, mix with ricotta, butter, salt and pepper. Spread the spice mixture evenly on the bread.
- Peel the avocado, cut it into thin slices. Cut the sun-dried tomatoes into thin slices, cherry tomatoes into halves.
- Place avocado and tomato slices on tartin, garnish with finely chopped shallots, herbs, and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Chef's comment: take cherries of different sizes, shapes and colors - the tartin will look more elegant. The slice of bread should be wide enough to lay out the vegetables beautifully. You can put two medium-sized bread slices side by side.
Fillet of lamb in filo dough with fried polenta and peperonata
Lamb loin - 120 g Lamb
strudel (blank) - 80 g
Pesto sauce (blank) - 15 g
Porto sauce (blank) - 15 g
Polenta (blank) - 70 g
Peperonata (blank) - 30 g
Ground black pepper - 1 g
Greens (chervil, dill, chives) for decoration - 3 g
- Grate the loin with spices and salt, heat the pan well, fry the rack in butter on both sides until golden brown (10-13 minutes).
- Transfer the meat to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and put in the oven for 9 minutes, preheated to 180 degrees.
- Cut polenta into small pieces, fry in a grill pan, brush with pesto sauce.
- Place two polenta slices on a plate, top with peperonata and garnish with thyme. Pour the pesto sauce nearby.
- Cut the rack into equal parts, put on a plate along with the lamb strudel pieces.
- Warm up the porto sauce well, pour over strudel and square.
How to make peperonata
Bulgarian pepper - 300 g
Pink tomatoes - 150 g
Red onions - 150 g
Red wine - 2/5 cups
Olive oil - 3 tbsp. l.
Sugar - 1 tsp
Oregano - 1 gr.
Ground black pepper, salt to taste
- Pepper, without cutting, place in an oven heated to 250 degrees for 20-30 minutes (until the peel begins to darken in places). Remove, cover with damp towels and leave for 5-7 minutes.
- Pour the tomatoes over with boiling water, and then place in cold water for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove the peel from the peppers and tomatoes, peel the peppers from seeds and stalks, cut into thin slices. Cut the tomatoes into small cubes.
- Chop the onion finely, fry until soft, add tomatoes, peppers and oregano to it. Keep on high heat for another 4-5 minutes, then reduce heat and simmer under the lid for 10-12 minutes.
- Pour wine into a saucepan with vegetables and leave to simmer until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Add salt, pepper and sugar to the finished peperonata and mix thoroughly.
How to make lamb strudel
Lamb fillet - 900 g
Shallots - 180 g
Carrots - 120 g
Garlic - 7 g
Ras el Hanut seasoning - 7 g
Tomato paste - 10 g
Fresh tomatoes - 100 g
White wine - 60 g
Almond flakes - 25 g
Pistachios - 25 g
Dried apricots - 24 g
Raisins - 25 g
Filo dough - 175 g
Butter - 50 g
- Cut the meat, carrots and onions into small pieces, remove the liquid from the tomatoes and chop finely too. Crush and chop the garlic.
- Heat the pan, fry the vegetables and meat for 5-7 minutes, pour in the wine and keep the pan on the fire, stirring occasionally, until the alcohol evaporates.
- Rinse dried fruits thoroughly, blanch raisins, cut dried apricots into thin slices. Grind the pistachios.
- Add dried fruits, tomato paste, spices, pistachios and almond flakes to a pan with vegetables and meat, put butter, simmer under a lid over low heat for 15-20 minutes (or until the sauce thickens).
- Defrost the dough (8-10 layers) and smear every 2-3 layers with melted butter so that they do not stick together. Put the filling on the edge of the dough along the entire length, quickly and gently wrap in a roll.
- Grease with melted butter, bake at 180 degrees for 20-30 minutes (or until lightly browned).
How to make polenta
Corn flour - 250 g
Chicken broth - 800 g
Olive oil - 40 g
Fresh thyme - 12 g
- Put thyme in broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium low, remove thyme and add 1/3 of cornmeal, stir to avoid lumps.
- After a couple of minutes, add the remaining polenta and thyme to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, for another 10-12 minutes.
- Put the polenta in a greased dish, cover and refrigerate for 1.5-2 hours.
How to make pesto sauce
Fresh basil - 250 g
Garlic - 9 g
Grana Padano cheese - 75 g
Pine nuts - 35 g
Coarse sea salt - 5 g
Olive oil - 50 g
- Kill all the ingredients with a blender until smooth, beat slightly.
- Pour into a jar, pour olive oil on top. Keep refrigerated.
How to make porto sauce
Olive oil - 40 g
Shallots - 100 g
Celery stalks - 100 g
Sweet peppers - 125 g
Leeks - 100 g
Cane sugar - 50 g
Balsamic vinegar - 50 g
Port wine - 0.75 L
Demiglas sauce concentrate - 200 g
- In a saucepan in olive oil, fry finely chopped vegetables (for 7-10 minutes), add sugar and vinegar to caramelize the vegetables.
- Add demi-glace and port, reduce heat, evaporate until half of the liquid is.
- Strain and cool the finished sauce.
Curd dessert with strawberry tartare
Curd dessert (blank) - 90 g
Strawberry tartare (blank) - 60 g
Openwork cookies (blank) - 1 pc.
Fresh strawberries - 20 g
Fresh raspberries - 15 g
Fresh mint. - 2 g
Powdered sugar - 1 g
- Put the curd dessert on a plate, put the strawberry tartare in a shot next to it.
- Decorate with berries and mint, sprinkle with icing sugar. Place openwork cookies nearby (you can glue it to the plate with hot caramel)
How to make strawberry tartare
Strawberries - 45 g
Peach liqueur - 10 g
Lemon juice - 15 g
Powdered sugar - 4 g
Ground black pepper - 1 g
- Chop strawberries finely, add lemon juice, liqueur, powdered sugar and ground pepper.
- Stir gently, serve in a shot.
How to make a curd dessert
Granular curd - 430 g
Cream 33% - 100 g
White chocolate - 50 g
Gelatin - 10 g
Natural vanilla - 2 g
Salt - 2 g
- Whip the cream, melt the chocolate, combine with the cream and the rest of the ingredients, beat again.
- Arrange in shapes, put in the freezer.
How to make fishnet cookies
Sugar - 50 g
Water - 1 tbsp. l.
Sesame - 25 g
- Mix sugar with water, heat over low heat, stirring constantly. It is important that the sugar dissolves before it boils, because after the syrup has boiled, it can no longer be mixed.
- Cool the pot with caramel in a container with cold water, add sesame seeds there, and until the mixture has frozen, stir it well and roll it out thinly. Cut a round cookie with a cup.
Photo: Getty Images
- What do chefs eat: "robber meat", fish soup with milk and pie with fish and lard
- What to cook with eggplant: 5 unexpected recipes
- 5 unusual cold soup recipes
- Supermodels of a new era: how much they really make