For 4–6 servings (11 x 35 cm dish) you will need:
- 175 g flour
- 125 g sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 100 g butter, chilled, cut into 1.5 cm cubes
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 lemons
- 350 g apricots
- 2 teaspoons of cornstarch
- 100 g fat sour cream
- 1 egg
- 50 g of condensed milk
- vanilla pod seeds
- 4 tbsp. tablespoons of apricot jam
- 2 tbsp. tablespoons of apricot schnapps
- icing sugar for dusting
- Combine flour, 35 g sugar, salt, chilled butter and one yolk using a mixer. Then knead the dough again with your hands.
- Grease a rectangular shape (11 x 35 cm) with butter and put the dough in it, bending the edges around the perimeter. After that, pierce it in several places with a fork and put it in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Carefully remove the zest from one lemon and cut it into thin strips. Remove 1/4 of the zest from the second lemon and squeeze 3 tablespoons of juice. Divide the apricots into halves.
- To make the frosting, combine cornstarch, sour cream, egg, leftover yolk, grated 1/4 lemon zest, lemon juice, condensed milk, vanilla seeds, 2 tablespoons of apricot jam and apricot schnapps, and 35 grams of sugar.
- Pour the icing over the dough, put the apricots on top, then put the pie in the oven (down) for 40 minutes, preheated to 200 ° C.
- While the pie is baking, place the strips of lemon zest, 25 g of sugar and 25 g of water in a saucepan and keep on fire until the liquid evaporates. Then let the shavings cool and roll in the sugar.
- Melt the remaining apricot jam and brush over half of the apricots on the pie. When the cake has cooled, sprinkle with icing sugar and garnish with flakes of zest.
Photo: Getty Images
- Root vegetables: 3 healthy and easy recipes
- In your homeland: the healthiest autumn berries
- Ground coffee in a new way: 3 unusual recipes (with chili and steak)
- Girl Power: 8 Inspirational Books About Strong Women