While Kate Middleton and Meghan Markle are tied for number one in the headlines, the granddaughter of Elizabeth II, Princess Eugenie of York, leads a more relaxed lifestyle and, admittedly, prettier day by day.
In 2018, the princess married Jack Brooksbank (read also: "Interesting facts about the wedding of Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank"). The girl approached the status of the bride and future wife with all seriousness: she visited a fitness trainer, adhered to a clear plan of proper nutrition, and ran in the morning.
A close friend of the princess could not ignore such efforts of Evgenia and shared his impression with the journalists: “She literally runs every morning, she has amazing fortitude. She really got into the process. She also goes to the gym a lot. Everyone is very proud of her. " Since then, Evgenia has been trying to keep track of her diet and carefully plans her diet.
After the publication of essays by the former maid of the royal family, Audrey Taylor, other interesting details of the princess's eating habits became known. Her Highness gets up early in the morning, does gymnastics and prepares light meals for herself and her husband. Among all the other dishes, Her Highness's favorites are scrambled eggs and green tea.
Indeed, breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It awakens the body by starting the metabolic processes and increasing the metabolic rate. In addition, it allows us to stay alert and more focused throughout the day, because "full" brain cells increase our performance and stress resistance. That is why Evgenia prefers breakfast rich in nutrients - for example, her favorite scrambled eggs with tomatoes. How to cook it like a king? We share a simple and delicious recipe.
Royal scrambled eggs
Olive oil - 3 tablespoons
Garlic - 2 cloves
Yellow pepper, cut into strips (no seeds) - 5 wedges
Balsamic vinegar - 3 tablespoons
Salt to taste
Eggs - 4 pcs.
Peeled tomatoes - 1 glass
Basil leaves for decoration
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Chop the garlic and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Then add pepper, vinegar and a pinch of salt.
- After 2 minutes, add the peeled tomatoes to the pan, reduce the heat and cover for 20-25 minutes.
- Crack the eggs and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Garnish the eggs with basil.
Evgenia has a strict diet, but this does not mean that the girl does not allow herself small weaknesses. In an interview with Harper's Bazaar, the princess admits that she loves to dine out, especially at Boccdi Lupo. This restaurant is located in the heart of London's bohemian Soho district. Celebrities and local bohemians often gather in the warm Italian atmosphere of the establishment.
Chef and restaurant owner Jacob Kennedy is a fan of Italy, including its most secluded corners like Parma. Dishes are made according to family recipes, and the menu lists each region from which this or that recipe was brought (read also: “What to cook quickly and in Italian on holidays: 3 simple recipes”).
Spaghetti with mussels and tomatoes, which are also easy to cook at home, are especially fond of the princess in the restaurant.
Pasta with mussels and tomatoes
Spaghetti - 300 g.
Mussels (frozen, peeled) - 300-400 g.
Chopped tomatoes Mutti Polp - 400 g.
2 cloves of garlic
Vegetable oil - 3 tbsp. l.
Parsley greens - 1 bunch
Salt, ground black pepper - to taste
- Fry some greens and chopped garlic cloves in a skillet.
- Add chopped tomatoes to the skillet and add salt and pepper to taste. Cook on a low boil for 10 minutes.
- Rinse defrosted mussels under running water, place in a pan and cook for 8-10 minutes, covering the pan with a lid. Turn off heat, add remaining chopped parsley, stir.
- Boil spaghetti in boiling salted water according to package directions. Drain the water and put in the pan with the prepared sauce. Stir.
Photo: Getty Images
- Why Diana loved to eat at the round table, and other eating habits of the Princess of Wales
- Pasta, fries and sushi: what was Meghan Markle's diet before meeting Harry
- Dinner at Tiffany's: 7 Recipes from Chef Tiffani Thiessen
- What is the secret of Brigitte Macron's ideal figure