Game of Thrones: Lemon Cupcakes
Who among the fans of the acclaimed TV series "Game of Thrones" does not remember Sansa's love for lemon muffins? Let's try to cook them at home.
- Flour - 1.5 tbsp.
- Sugar - 0.5 tbsp.
- Egg - 2 pcs.
- Butter - 100 g
- Lemon - 2 pcs.
- Milk - 100 ml
- Baking powder - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Beat eggs, sugar and salt until foamy.
- Add soft butter and beat again.
- Squeeze the juice of one lemon and remove the zest from two lemons.
- Stir in juice, zest and egg and sugar mixture.
- Add a glass of flour and warm milk. We mix. Then add the other half of the flour. Mix everything thoroughly.
- Divide the dough into muffin tins, filling them only 2/3. We put in the oven, preheated to 190 degrees, for 25 minutes.
Downton Abbey: Russian Charlotte
When Countess Grantham exclaimed on Downton Abbey that she loved the Russian charlotte, many wondered: what is it? Here's a detailed recipe for this delicious dessert, the British variation of which, by the way, is not at all like the apple pie we got used to since childhood. What's really there, it doesn't even have apples! However, it was in this form that a French chef who worked in London invented it at one time. It's amazing why only he called her "Russian"?
- Egg - 6 pcs.
- Flour - 150 g
- Sugar - 300 g
- Strawberry - 900 g
- Cream 35% - 400 ml
- Gelatin - 1 sachet
- Lemon juice - 2 tablespoons
- Vanilla sugar - 3 sachets.
- Separate the whites from the yolks. Beat the yolks with 100 g of sugar until a thick white cream is formed, then add 75 g of flour. To mix everything.
- Beat whites until peaks appear. Pour in 50 g of sugar and continue whisking until meringue.
- Stir the meringue in portions to the yolk mixture. Add 75 g flour and mix.
- We put the dough in a pastry bag and on a baking sheet covered with parchment, place small strips, similar to sticks. Lightly sprinkle with powdered sugar on top and send to the oven, preheated to 180 degrees, for 13 minutes.
- Pour the remaining dough into a split cake mold and also put it in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, take 300 g of strawberries, beat in a blender, rub through a sieve and add 150 g of sugar.
- Soak gelatin in plenty of water. Leave for 10 minutes. Then heat it up with lemon juice and cool.
- Mix gelatin with berry puree and let stand for 20 minutes.
- Cut 300 g of strawberries into small pieces.
- Beat the cream until creamy.
- Add strawberries, cream to berry puree. Stir and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Dissolve vanilla sugar in 5 tablespoons of warm water. The resulting syrup slightly moisten the biscuit and "sticks".
- Put the berry mixture on a biscuit. We send it to the refrigerator for an hour.
- Remove the rim from the mold and decorate the sides of the cake with biscuit sticks.
House of Cards: Spicy Pork Ribs
Fans of the House of Cards TV series remember the main character Freddie's passion for spicy pork ribs. It's time to enjoy his favorite dish.
- Pork ribs - 1 kg
- Black pepper - 1 tsp
- Sweet ground paprika - 1 tsp
- Spicy ground paprika - 1 tsp
- Thyme - 1 tsp
- Dried chili peppers - 1 tsp
- Garlic - 5 cloves
- Vegetable oil - 3 tablespoons
- Lemon juice - 3 tablespoons
- Salt to taste
- Cut the ribbing into equal pieces so that each has one bone.
- Combine sweet, hot paprika, black pepper, thyme, lemon juice, vegetable oil and stir.
- Season the ribs with salt. Pour the marinade over them. Cover the pan with cling film and leave at room temperature for 3-4 hours.
- After half an hour, add garlic and chili pepper there.
- Place the ribs in a 200-degree oven. Bake for 45-50 minutes.
Photo: Getty Images
- Baker Street Recipes: How to Cook an English Style Dinner
- This is a meat grinder: we cook tartar and ceviche from beef
- Autumn menu: what to eat when summer is over
- 5 miniseries you can watch over the weekend