A savory sauce will help make the fresh mix of seasonal vegetables even more attractive. And here it will not be superfluous to recall that a good half of the vitamins that are important for us, found in plant foods, are fat-soluble, that is, fats are needed for their assimilation. We offer several recipes for vegetable oil-based dressings that will make an unpretentious salad not only tastier, but also very healthy.
The history of the origin of sauces goes back to the time of Ancient Babylon, where herbs were watered with vegetable oil and vinegar before serving. To this day, vegetable oil remains the main ingredient in salad dressings.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 spoonful of vinegar (better than wine)
- salt and pepper to taste.
A variety of dressings can be created on the basis of the "vinaigrette", ideally combined with various herbs and vegetables. For example, if you are using tomatoes, then there is nothing better than adding 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and a grated clove of garlic to the dressing. Under the influence of juice and vinegar, garlic will give aroma and lose its characteristic pungency. And to adapt the dressing to the herbal dish, add some Dijon mustard. It works especially well in salads with neutral flavors like lettuce or iceberg.
Mustard should give way to basil when intense herbs are present in the salad. For example, arugula. Then the proportions need some adjustment.
- 2 tablespoons of sunflower oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of orange juice.
If the combination of mustard, vinegar and garlic no longer inspires you, then it's time to move on to more sophisticated dressings. It should be immediately emphasized that only natural refined sunflower oil should be used in recipes, it perfectly emphasizes the bouquet of spices, fresh vegetables and herbs.
Greek poppy dressing
Its basis, as you might guess, will be poppy seeds.
- Fry a tablespoon of poppy seeds in a skillet for 3-4 seconds.
- Whisk the toasted seeds in a bowl with 3 to 3 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and a spoonful of honey.
- Add the same amount of oil and salt to taste.
Celery under this dressing will sparkle with new colors.
Blue cheese dressing
For avocado lovers, we recommend a blue cheese dressing (gozgonzola, dorblu, roquefort and others). There are no difficulties in the process of its preparation. Just mix the following ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- 1 tablespoon berry vinegar
- 85 g cheese
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 3 tablespoons of water
- freshly ground black pepper.
Salad with blue cheese dressing, perfect for a festive table.
Honey mustard dressing
For lovers of spicy flavors, we recommend the honey-mustard dressing, the spicy taste of which, perhaps, will make you forget about all the others for a long time. To prepare it, you will need honey, mustard, one lemon, hot chili and spices to taste.
- 2 tablespoons honey and mustard
- juice and zest of half a lemon, not forgetting to salt.
- Gradually add 70 ml of sunflower and olive oil
- The finishing touch is dried thyme and chopped fresh chili.
Photo Source: Press Services Archives, Getty Images
- 11 reasons to love persimmon
- Autumn menu: what to eat when summer is over
- 4 reasons to try cloves as a condiment
- 3 autumn beauty problems and how to deal with them