Sometimes I really want to plunge into such a relationship so that everything is like in a movie: romance, passion, tears, and "together and forever." But transferring love from the screen to life is not so easy. However, you can still taste the dream relationship. We selected 5 legendary love films and asked the organizers of the Cocktail Mani festival to suggest suitable cocktails for them. Such that it was immediately clear what to expect.
Woody Allen's Manhattan - Manhattan
"People should marry once and for all … Like doves or Catholics."
The film "Manhattan" is an ode to romance and love. The Manhattan cocktail is an ode to New York. He and Her are irresistibly drawn to each other. Their little (or big) drama is both not free. A lot of touching scenes, deep feelings and alcohol. A good movie for an atmospheric evening. Why not?
- Pour 25 ml of red vermouth into a shaker. and bourbon 50 ml.
- Add a few drops of Angostura bitter.
- Fill a glass with ice cubes and stir.
- Pour into a cocktail glass, garnish with a cherry.
Michael Curtis's Casablanca - French 95
"The whole world is crumbling, and we chose this time to fall in love …"
If you want to look at the ideal love, pure and passionate, without meanness and betrayal, you can't find a better movie “Casablanca”. Eternal cinema for those who lack tenderness and romance in their lives. Our cocktail matches him. Moreover, it is with a glass of French 95 that the main character, charming Ingrid Bergman, recalls her happy pre-war times in Paris.
- Mix 30 ml in a shaker with ice. gin, 15 ml. lemon juice and 15 ml. sugar syrup.
- Strain into a champagne glass. Add about 120 ml. champagne brut or dry sparkling wine.
- Garnish with a strip of lemon zest.
Breakfast at Tiffany's by Michael Curtis - Zombie
“People want to belong to each other. Because this is the only chance to be happy"
The circumstances under which the Zombie cocktail appears in the film are as old as the world: Holly Golightly tries to escape from herself and asks the bartender for "something to forget right away." By the way, the heroine could not hide from the feelings, we will do without spoilers, but everything ends as it should. We recommend a cocktail and a movie to everyone who is now in search of themselves and the meaning of life.
- Lime juice 30 ml., Grapefruit juice 45 ml., Cinnamon syrup 30 ml., Dark rum 45 ml. and strong rum 30 ml. mix in a shaker.
- Add ice cubes to a shaker and beat.
- Pour a glass filled to the top with crushed ice.
- Decorate with an orange slice.
Casino Royale by Martin Campbell - Vesper Martini
“- I'll call him Vesper. - Because of the bitterness? - No, it's just worth taking a sip of it, and captivated for life."
James Bond named the cocktail "Vesper" after his true love, double agent Vesper Lind. Well, how could anything be more romantic? We recommend taking a cocktail when you are a little sad, you want adventure and love from agent 007.
- Fill a shaker with ice, add 3 parts gin, 1 part vodka, ½ part Lillet Blanc, mix.
- Pour into chilled glasses and garnish with a slice of lemon.
"Sex in the City" - Cosmopolitan
"Maybe we were right when we talked less and kissed more?"
Cosmopolitan is a cocktail for all occasions and states of mind. The heroines of the film gathered for this drink to discuss a new big love, another breakup, good (or not so) sex, other people's weddings, infidelities … We wish you to drink it exclusively for pleasant occasions and, of course, in the company of your best friends (read also: "Best Friends: The Pros and Cons of Living Together").
- Mix in a shaker 1/2 part vodka, 1/2 part Cointreau or Triple Sec, 4 parts cranberry juice and 1/2 part freshly squeezed lime juice.
- Strain into a chilled glass and garnish with orange zest.
Photo: stills from films
- How to choose the right champagne
- 8 warming cocktails for cold weather
- 10 wine nonsenses the pros laugh at
- 5 unusual ways to ask a man out on a date