Today, mussels can be tasted not only in a cozy restaurant on the seashore, but also anywhere in the world, including in Moscow - they are sold in almost every store, so it will not be difficult for you to find an option that suits you in terms of price and appearance. However, it is worth noting that for our recipe it is highly desirable to purchase not “classic” frozen and already boiled mussels without shells, namely those that have not been cooked and retained the shell valves.
Ingredients (for 4 servings):
- 2 kg mussels with shells
- 1 glass of dry white wine
- 50 g butter
- 4 shallots
- 3 cloves of garlic
- a bunch of parsley
- olive oil
- Finely chop the onion and fry with thyme in olive oil.
- After three minutes, pour in the wine, salt, pepper and put the mussels in the sauce.
- After 10 minutes, add the finely chopped parsley, remove the shells that have not opened, and serve the rest in the pan.
Photo: Getty Images
- The sea is calling: mussels in tomato sauce and squid with garlic
- French fishermen's dinner: how to make bouillabaisse soup
- 10 types of fish that are best not to eat
- Why fans of the Mediterranean diet are not at risk of depression