Tiffani Thiessen became famous for her roles in the popular TV series "Beverly Hills 90210" and "White Collar". She was born in California to a family of a housewife and a designer, so her love for home, cooking and art originated in her since childhood. Tiffany has German, Greek and Welsh roots, so she often jokes that knowing the cultures and culinary specialties of these countries often helps her create real masterpieces in the kitchen, where she feels as confident as in front of a movie camera.
In her author's show "Dinner at Tiffany's" she teaches how to arrange dinner parties, shares her own recipes and tells how to make any holiday not only memorable, but also amazingly delicious. Today we publish several of her author's recipes.
Steaks with fried shallots
- 2 tbsp olive oil, 2 large shallots, 2 large garlic cloves, 4 x 200g beef steaks, 2 tbsp + 2 tsp Worcester sauce (we also added his recipe to the article), 4 tbsp vegetable oil with your loved ones additives, Salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Preheat oven to 200 ° C. Grease a baking dish with olive oil (1 tablespoon). Place the shallots and garlic in it. Cover with aluminum foil. Cook in the oven until the shallots are tender and the garlic is golden (time: about 30 minutes).
- Chill the onion and garlic, and then chop everything finely.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Grease the beef fillet with Worcestershire sauce on both sides, season with salt and pepper. Pour 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil with additives into the pan.
- Place fillets in a skillet and cook until crusty (time: about 3 minutes). Turn over and cook for another 4 minutes.
- Move the pan to the oven and cook for another 4-5 minutes (the temperature inside the fillet should not exceed 55 degrees).
- Transfer the fillet to a dish. Pour the remaining tablespoon of olive oil and 2 teaspoons of Worcester sauce into the same pan. Add chopped shallots and garlic. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Place one spoonful of the onion and garlic mixture on each steak.
It is not easy to get Worcester sauce in Russia, so we offer a way to prepare it at home.
- ½ cup vinegar, ½ cup apple cider vinegar, ½ cup molasses, ¼ cup fish sauce (optional), 1 tbsp soy sauce, 3 tbsp onion juice, 1 tsp ground black pepper, ½ tsp cinnamon, ½ tsp ground cloves, ¼ teaspoon chili powder, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 2 shallots, chop, 4 garlic cloves, chop, 1 teaspoon grated ginger, Juice of 1 lime.
- Mix together: 2 kinds of vinegar, molasses, fish sauce, soy sauce and onion juice.
- Heat a frying pan or saucepan, add: black pepper, cinnamon, ground cloves, chili. Fry until aroma appears (time: about 1-2 minutes). Pour into a bowl, leave to cool.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat, fry the shallots for 2-3 minutes, until golden brown.
- Add garlic and ginger to the onion. Pour in the spice mixture. Mix. Continue cooking for another half minute.
- Add the vinegar mixture and bring the contents of the pan to a boil. Then let cool completely.
- Strain through a fine sieve into a bowl and mix with lime juice.
- Pour the sauce into a jar or bottle. Shelf life - up to 2 months.
A bunch of mint, finely chopped (about 1.5 cups), 4 large cucumbers, peeled and chopped, 2.5 cups diced watermelon (seedless), 1 cup plain yogurt, half a small onion, chopped thinly, 2 Tbsp fresh chopped cilantro, 3 tablespoons lemon juice, 1 teaspoon grated ginger, ½ teaspoon chili, Salt, 1/3 cup feta cheese, 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds, Butter with chili.
- Place 2 tablespoons of mint in a separate container. Place the rest of the mint in a large bowl, add cucumbers, 2 cups of watermelon cubes, yogurt, onion, cilantro, lemon juice, ginger, chili and 2 teaspoons of salt to it.
- Gradually add the mixture to the food processor until smooth. Taste, add salt if necessary.
- Put the resulting soup in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Chill the gazpacho serving bowls in the refrigerator.
- Pour gazpacho into bowls. Top with feta cheese, watermelon, toasted pumpkin seeds and leftover mint.
- Sprinkle the resulting dish with vegetable oil mixed with a small amount of chili.
4 cups buttermilk (skim cream), 2 tablespoons hot sauce, 10 chicken legs, 1 cup wheat flour, 1 cup panko (bread crumbs), 1 tablespoon salt plus another pinch, 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper, Vegetable peanut butter for frying.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the buttermilk (low fat cream) and hot sauce. Put chicken legs into the mixture and refrigerate for several hours (best of all - overnight).
- Place the chicken on a clean wire rack in the oven (not including the oven itself) and let it drain onto the baking sheet underneath.
- When the chicken is drained, transfer it to a dish.
- Combine flour with bread crumbs, salt and pepper. Dip the chicken legs in the mixture.
- Put the chicken legs back on the wire shelf.
- Preheat oven to 175 ° C.
- Pour peanut butter into a frying pan (if there is deep fat, then you can cook in it according to standard instructions) no more than 5 cm in height. Heat over medium heat until oil reaches 175 ° C.
- Fry the chicken 3-4 pieces at a time. Turn every 1-2 minutes, keeping an eye on the oil temperature. The chicken should be cooked until golden brown (typically 12 minutes cooking time). Transfer the chicken pieces to a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the pieces with salt and place in the oven for 5 minutes to make them juicier and cook to the end.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and spread on paper towels, allowing the fat to drain. Serve in 10 minutes!
Fried cheese with caramelized onions
2 tablespoons vegetable oil (rapeseed oil is best), 5 tablespoons butter, 2 large onions, finely chopped, 2 teaspoons of wine vinegar,
1 teaspoon of sugar, 12 slices of bread 1-2 centimeters thick, ciabatta is perfect, 220 g of Gruyere cheese, cut into thin slices (in the absence of Gruyere cheese, replace with any very hard cheese).
- In a skillet, heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil and 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat.
- When the butter has melted, add the onion. Cook, stirring constantly, until the onions begin to caramelize (time: about 25 minutes).
- Add vinegar, sugar and 2 tablespoons of water. Stir well, lifting from the bottom anything that might settle during the cooking of onions in oil. Cook until the liquid has completely evaporated.
- Oil 1 side of all bread slices. Place 6 slices butter side down. Top with Gruyere cheese, then caramelized onions. Cover with another slice of bread (butter side up).
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Lay out the sandwiches and cook until the cheese begins to melt and the bread begins to turn golden brown (time: 2-4 minutes). Turn over and wait until the second side of the bread turns golden brown.
- Cut in half and serve immediately.
Grilled ciabatta with ricotta and peas
1 ciabatta, cut diagonally into 1 to 2 cm wide slices, 5 tbsp olive oil, 1.5 cups fresh ricotta, 2 tbsp green onions, finely chopped, ½ tsp salt, ½ tsp ground pepper, 450 - 500 g sweet peas in pods, 1/3 cup fresh basil, 1/3 cup fresh mint, 2 tablespoons lemon juice,
- Preheat oven to 150-160 ° C.
- Soak the chopped ciabatta pieces with a little olive oil. Place on a baking sheet and cook for about 2 minutes on each side.
- Combine ricotta, 2 tablespoons olive oil, chopped green onions, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Pour water into a large saucepan, add salt and bring to a boil. Add peas and cook for 3 minutes after boiling. After that, immediately dip the peas in a bowl of ice water and leave there until they cool completely. Remove and transfer to towels until completely dry.
- Cut half the boiled peas into two parts, and leave the other half whole.
- Put all the peas in a bowl, add basil and mint. Pour in lemon juice and remaining olive oil. Stir so that all the pods are well oiled.
- Place the ciabatta on a platter. Place 1 spoonful of ricotta on top of each slice. Gently spread the pea mixture over each piece of ciabatta.
Grilled corn with siracha (sriracha)
4 cobs of corn, no husks, 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil (canola oil works great), ½ cup mayonnaise (low fat), 2 tablespoons of siracha sauce, 2 tablespoons of lime juice, 1 teaspoon of chili powder, plus a little more, 2-4 tablespoons of chopped fresh cilantro.
- Preheat grill to medium to high heat.
- Coat the corn with vegetable oil and place on the grill.
- Turn the corn over as it cooks so that it is evenly fried on all sides. Grilling will take no more than 12-15 minutes.
- Combine mayonnaise, siracha sauce (sriracha), lime juice and chili. Stir until smooth.
- Brush the corn with the resulting sauce, sprinkle with cilantro and serve as a side dish.
Siracha sauce (sriracha)
- 200 g red chili, 2 tablespoons sugar, 1 tablespoon salt, 4 cloves of garlic, 250 ml vinegar.
- Separate the seeds from the chili. Chop the pepper.
In a saucepan, mix: chili, garlic, salt. Pour vinegar over the contents and leave to infuse for 8 hours.
- Place the saucepan on fire and simmer the contents for 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Pour the mixture into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Strain the mixture through a sieve. Rub the pulp remaining on a sieve into the sauce with a spoon.
Special equipment: food twine (thread) and fish grill
4 whole trout (about 400-500 grams each), peeled, rinsed and dried with paper towels, Salt and freshly ground black pepper, 8 sprigs of fresh dill, 8 sprigs of fresh parsley, 8 sprigs of fresh tarragon (tarragon), 2 lemons, 1 cut into slices, 1 - halved,
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Brush each trout well with a mixture of pepper and salt. Put inside each: 2 sprigs of dill, 2 sprigs of parsley, 2 sprigs of tarragon, 2 slices of lemon.
- Tie the entire length of the trout with food twine, making sure that all the greens are tightly packed inside.
- Rub the oil on the grill and drizzle lightly over the fish.
- Place fish on a wire rack and cook for 7-8 minutes on each side. The fish should lose its transparency.
- Place the lemon halves on the grill and cook for no more than 6 minutes, until charring begins.
- Put the fish on a dish, remove the thread. Serve with grilled lemon halves.
Photo: Getty Images, Press Services Archive
- Lazy Dinner: 3 Easy & Quick Recipes for the Whole Family
- First, second and compote: why it is better to refuse set meals
- Food Drugs: What They Are and How to Get Rid of Them
- Funnier than the original: 8 best parody films