Summer weather beckons to the park ─ to run along familiar paths. But you shouldn't rush. First, learn how to do a warm-up that will prepare your ligaments and joints for running and help you tune in for a distance. Specially for Marie Claire, TV presenter Lera Dergileva, together with the NRC trainer, prepared a set of exercises that will reduce the risk of injury. Let's start right now.
Correct warm-up before running:
- We rotate the leg at the ankle joint.
- Let's take the leg to the side, thus working out the pelvic area.
- We rotate the body in the pelvic area.
- We rotate the arms in the shoulder joint.
- Stretching the muscles of the shoulder girdle (arms are straightened).
- We perform side bends with stretching the arms.
- We make a "mill" with straight legs.
- We put straight legs a little wider, arms to the sides ─ take the pelvis back and lower the body, swaying up and down.
- We sit on the lunge and make light up and down movements.
- From the lunge, we straighten both legs, pulling the body to the one in front.
- We make swinging movements with one leg back and forth (repeat with the other leg).
After the race, take the time to spend 5 minutes and cool down to relax and stretch your muscles and help them recover faster.
- Pull the leg to the chest, clasping it under the knee ─ stretch the gluteal muscles and ankle away from ourselves and towards ourselves.
- We pull the leg to the back of the body, bring the pelvis slightly forward ─ stretch the front surface of the thigh.
- We put our legs tightly together one after the other, hands away from ourselves into the lock ─ we stretch ourselves forward and with slight tilts we go down lower and lower each time.
- We put a straight leg in front of us on the heel, stretch the body along the leg ─ the toe towards ourselves, the supporting leg is slightly bent. Repeat with the other leg.
- Take a deep breath ─ raise your hands through the sides and stretch out.
Photo: archives of press services b
- Ready, attention: how to choose sneakers, start running and lose weight
- Slimming Salads: 6 Perfect Summer Recipes
- Dress of discord, or Why Meghan Markle fans were offended by favorite designer Kate Middleton