“I spend a lot of time in the office, so I have neither the desire nor the energy to go somewhere else. Previously, this did not bother me very much ─ I am naturally thin, but now I noticed that I began to pass. The buttocks sagged, the thighs spread, and most importantly, I feel the lack of physical activity almost with my skin! How to organize fitness in the office?"
Fitness instructor's answer:
Indeed, many today work according to a schedule from 10 to 19 (from 9 to 18, from 8 to 17 ─ options are possible), spending a significant part of their lives in the office. Women aged 30-35 are in the most active phase of the body, and they need a lot of movement: to prevent diseases of the nervous system, problems of the musculoskeletal system, and as a result, all other body systems. Therefore, I would recommend the following to all successful and active people.
Wear a fitness tracker. They have been at their peak of popularity for 7 years, so now this is not an innovation, but rather a rule. One nuance: for an accurate understanding of daily activity norms, water consumption, sleep quality, you need not offline trackers, but connected via applications to a mobile device, be it a tablet or phone. Each fitness tracker comes with an application developed for it, and for correct use and correct indicators, you need to start with a complete setup of the application: enter all the data about your body that the application requests. Ideal devices are those that have high battery life. It's great if the tracker works without recharging for a week: in addition to processing the data entered into the device's memory, it also learns to interact with the body, calculates the average activity and recovery, etc. This helps to calculate the time of movements and understand how much you need to increase your loads.
Go to a fitness club. It's not easy, but you have to try. It is there that the main task of activity will be solved ─ with three to four visits per week to group programs or a gym with a pool. Do not want to go to a fitness club or feel sorry for the time ─ train yourself, but then it should become a daily habit (exercise in the morning, jogging in the evenings, daytime workouts). It is especially difficult to come to classes in the autumn-winter period, when reduced motivation due to the short day and cold weather is added to employment at work. But it is at this time that it is most important to practice, since movement and exercise ─ even the simplest ones ─ will help immunity. For activities that support health, you need no more than half an hour a day.
Work in the office. There are simple exercises to prevent blockages and "stagnation" that you can do right at the table.
- Sitting on a chair, place your forearms on the table, straighten your back and simulate a push downward, freeing your legs - this will work out the muscles of the chest and back.
- Sitting on a chair, straighten your back vertically, spread your arms to the sides and, keeping your back straight, perform forward bends, while turning your body diagonally to the right and left. On exhalation, you need to return to the starting position. It is enough to perform the exercise 15-20 times on both sides. The back and abs will work great in it.
- Slowly "roll" the pelvis back and forth in maximum amplitude - this is how the muscles of the lower back and abdomen are involved. And each lift from the chair is a full squat that works the front and back of the thigh.
Photo: Getty Images
- Fitness versus age: how to train at 35, 45 and 55
- Fitness kings: 15 most athletic heads of state of our time
- How to wear the hottest shoes of the season