“I am a beauty shopaholic. I buy a lot of things and often: usually I have an entire shelf in my bathroom. Recently I began to think that I use cosmetics as if haphazardly: I will take this, then this. Maybe you shouldn't throw your money away … What should your daily face care actually consist of?"
Valeria (30 years old)
The cosmetologist's answer:
All skin problems and conditions can be divided into three large groups. The first is age - related (expression wrinkles, loss of elasticity, loss of density, changes in the clarity of the face oval, deep and clear wrinkles, age-related pigmentation, dryness, enlarged pores that appear due to loss of skin elasticity, dullness associated with slow blood circulation). The second is related to the type and condition of the skin (oily sheen, dullness associated with delayed cellular renewal, peeling, dehydration, inflammation, post-acne, enlarged pores appearing due to the active work of the sebaceous glands and the accumulation of dead cells, dryness). The third is related to lifestyle and external factors (pigmentation and uneven tone, dullness and loss of tone as a result of stress and lack of sleep, redness and sensitivity).
All this is not listed by chance, because the choice of cosmetics should be based on this classification. First, you need to determine on which parts of the face and what problems are bothering you (it is very important to understand the cause of their occurrence). After that, you can select the basis of daily care, consisting of day / night creams, eye cream and products for washing and toning the skin. If this set of products cannot solve all problems, then special products must be added to the daily beauty routine that can do this - serums, concentrates, creams for spot application, etc.
- There are universal creams that can be used in the morning and evening. As a rule, they are monocomponent and solve one specific task (hydration, nutrition or radiance).
- To correct and prevent age-related changes, as a rule, a duet of two means (day / night creams) is chosen. This makes it possible at different times of the day to influence the skin with the help of different active ingredients, taking into account the chronological characteristics of the course of all biological processes of our skin. Both the first and second versions of creams are always presented in several types of textures for any type of skin (from a light gel and gentle fluid to a rich cream or balm).
For the skin around the eyes, a special product is always offered that takes into account the characteristics of this delicate area and can reduce the manifestations of puffiness, dark circles and age-related changes
- There are enhancers - these are, for example, various serums that can accelerate the appearance of the result or give an additional effect. For example, if your skin has dark spots (associated with sun exposure or after inflammation), then you add an anti-pigmentation serum to your daily care program. If enlarged pores are visible on the skin, then a special serum is added to the program to strengthen the pore walls. Etc.
- If skin problems are short-term and associated with periodic negative factors (dullness and loss of tone as a result of stress and lack of sleep, peeling and a feeling of discomfort), special booster lotions or oils can help, which can be added directly to the cream and give it more as a bonus. one useful property.
- Universal enhancers are exfoliating agents (peels, scrubs, gommages, exfoliants, lotions) and masks (moisturizing, nourishing, cleansing, toning, shining), which are included in the program 1-2 times a week, depending on the needs, type and skin conditions.
- Another category is protective equipment. As a rule, they have the character of complex protection and can simultaneously protect from the sun (the most popular option is SPF 50+), from the negative effects of the environment, from free radicals and moisture loss. Such funds are necessary for those who want to keep the skin youthful, or those who are struggling with a certain problem and need daily protection from ultraviolet radiation.
At first glance, it may seem that there are so many different cosmetic products in stores that it is very, very difficult to understand them. But the main thing here is to start. It is important to determine the range of problems that you will be fighting and choose the main 4-5 products (it depends on whether you choose a universal cream or not): day / night cream, eye cream, cleanser and toner. Next, decide on the appropriate texture of the funds (by skin type or based on personal preferences). If necessary, add a serum, mask, exfoliating agent or screen protector to the treatment. As a result, it turns out that a daily face care program can include about 8-9 products. Taking into account all the features of the skin and choosing the most suitable products, such a set guarantees its maintenance in perfect condition.
Photo: Getty Images
- Princesses also have hair problems (learning from their mistakes)
- Modern manners: what is good manners in the 21st century
- 5 books for real shopaholics