The word itself is translated from French as "pad". First of all, we are talking about the packaging of one or another beauty product. Inside the case, there must be a porous sponge soaked directly in tone, concealer or blush. When the applicator is pressed on the sponge, just as much is released from it as needed - no more, no less. Thus, your hands remain completely clean, since you do not even touch the product with your fingers, and the product itself remains sterile and completely protected from bacteria and microorganisms.
Why do we love cushons?
- This is a real find for those who value convenience and live in constant motion. Cushons are the complete opposite of bottles and tubes: they are so compact that they can easily fit even into a clutch (not any, of course, but still). They are easy to carry with you and at the same time impossible to spill or break, which means that everything around them gets dirty. Moreover, they can be used on the go: just open the lid, press the applicator on the sponge and touch up the makeup.
- This is a product that can and should be layered. It can be applied over and over again until you achieve the desired coverage. Thus, control over the situation is completely in your hands. By the way, this tool can then be shaded with a brush or a beauty blender, if such outside intervention is needed.
- If you want your skin to remain well hydrated throughout the day, cushion is there to help you! Unlike powder, it does not dry out the skin at all, and, as a rule, many moisturizing ingredients and water can be found in the composition. In addition, most of these products are available with SPF and enhance sun protection. Moreover, in some, this level of protection reaches 40 units (AquBB SPF40, 3 Lab).
- Makeup made with a cushion always looks natural and does not create a "mask" effect on the face. Even those who take such a product in their hands for the first time will not be able to leave stains and opaque places on their faces.
- Do not think that cushion is always a tonal remedy. Today, these are products for the eyes, lips and even cheeks. They are produced in soft tubes and contain an ever tighter "pillow" that protects hands and correctly dispenses the amount of funds. They look just as delicate on the face and are just as easy to layering and blending.
For face: Miracle Cushion, Lancome
Photo Source: Press Services Archives, Getty Images
- All about powder: how to choose, use and avoid mistakes
- What is micellar water and how to really use it
- K-beauty: 10 steps to flawless skin every Korean woman knows
- Scheduled: What you need to know about systemic hair care