The most offensive thing is that you can live calmly for months and not remember about acne, but as soon as there is a date, an important meeting or a job interview, treacherous bumps appear on your face. As always, at the most inopportune moment. And no one is immune from this. Even models, whose skin always looks perfect in photographs, from time to time overuse tonal means to mask small (and sometimes quite large-scale) imperfections. And yet, it's too early to give up. Dermatologists recommend following four simple rules to avoid trouble. All the cosmetics mentioned in the article, alas, have been tested on themselves more than once.
One time will definitely not be enough. First, use an oily solution (try Take the Day off, Clinique) to remove makeup and surface layers that have adhered to your skin during the day. Then use a balm (for example, Pro-Collagen Cleansing Balm, Elemis) to get rid of deep-seated impurities. And in any case, do not rub your face with a towel - this is too strong an irritant factor. Just blot it gently (preferably with a napkin).
Using a toner is not strictly a necessary step in the treatment, but it is an easy and pleasant way to restore the pH balance of irritated skin. It can be used to soften and soothe tissues, which in turn will help prevent inflammation in the future. If in your case we are talking not just about single minor rashes, but about more serious problems, then try products containing salicylic acid or beta-hydroxy acids (Zero Oil Pore Purifying Toner, Origins). Salicylic acid will accelerate the process of cell renewal and gradually reduce "to naught" traces of irritation and minimize the chance of their reappearance.
When acne is rare and spontaneous, this program point can be avoided. However, in the case of a regular and abundant crop of microinflammation, it should provide tangible (and obvious) relief. Introduce cosmetic pads or pads soaked in the same beta hydroxy acids into your traditional grooming ritual. For example, such as Spot Remover Blemish Treatment Pads, Origins. Just rub them on your face once a day. Another proven fighter on this front is the Normaderm 3-in-1 Cleanser, Vichy. This product can be used both for cleansing the skin and as a mask. Apply it all over your face and leave it on for 10 minutes. This technique works great even with the most sensitive skin.
Instant hit and complete rout
And finally, a few local cosmetic products that have never failed. They ruthlessly destroy acne, it is worth several times to apply them pointwise to the sites of inflammation.
- Clinical Clearing Gel, Clinique. This is a serious weapon that needs to be handled quite carefully. Its formula includes salicylic acid, which gradually removes dead cells and "eats" accumulated impurities. But the drug also contains a small amount of alcohol, which can cause slight peeling of the skin.
- Effaclar AI's local corrective agent , LRoche-Posay, not only suppresses unwanted bacterial activity, but also prevents the formation of residual scars. If you "grasp" the situation at an early stage, then acne can be defeated in one or two days.
- For combination and oily problem skin, a preparation against local imperfections Normaderm Hyaluspot, Vichy is well suited. It is based on an exclusive technology that scientists call "Invisible Patch". On the one hand, salicylic and lipo-hydroxy acids in high concentrations act on bacteria that cause microinflammation. On the other hand, the thinnest protective film forms on the skin surface, which prevents the spread of the problem and speeds up the treatment process.
Clinical Clearing Gel, Clinique
Photo: Getty Images, Press Services Archive
- Area of special attention: acne on the back and décolleté
- Not just acne: what diseases do skin problems speak about
- Girls under 25: what cosmetics should be for young skin
- Products that will help you save money on a beautician