Residents of big cities are the main objects of influence of many toxic factors that abound in the urban environment. The idea of controlling their volume in 80 cases out of a hundred is doomed to failure. But the thought of helping the body protect itself from them by all available means can lead to positive (and most pleasantly: physically tangible) results.
If the body's detoxification function is not working properly, both appearance and health can be affected. Our body independently and continuously filters everything it receives from us, expelling waste and toxins. Each cell can carry out its own detoxification and get rid of environmental and metabolic debris. This is the so-called natural detoxification. You just have to trust this complex and natural system. And having learned how it works, you can help it and speed up the process of body renewal.
Detox through the lymphatic system
The human lymphatic system resembles the secondary circulatory system, which forms an extensive network of organs and tissues throughout the body. Its significance is enormous: it is she who is responsible for the circulation of all fluids in the body and ridding it of the load of unnecessary or harmful elements (such as leukocytes, bacteria, viruses and toxins). Failure of this miraculous system can lead to a chronic feeling of fatigue, decreased immunity and increased slowness. It is quite easy to prevent it with simple methods:
- Add activity: Exercise creates pressure that increases the rate of fluid circulation in the body. Walking, cycling, yoga - there are plenty of sports activities for every taste. The main thing is to maintain the dynamics of the body.
- Meditation plus deep breathing: stress negatively affects the health of the lymphatic system. Conscious fifteen-minute meditation for every day will maintain the balance of the nervous system, and muscle contraction, which is activated during deep breathing, will create additional pressure and normalize fluid circulation in the body.
- Use a brush and comb to help create an effective drainage session for your skin. For this, both regular bristles and loofah are suitable. We try it in the morning before an invigorating shower.
- Choose loose clothing for sleep: at night, the detoxification of the body is intense and reaches its maximum between 10 pm and 2 am. Slimming underwear that constricts areas of lymph node congestion can negatively affect the effectiveness of night detox. So the looser your attire during sleep hours, the healthier the awakening of the body will be the next day.
Detox through sweating
Your skin is the largest organ for removing toxins. If you exercise about three times a week for at least 20 minutes, then you are optimizing the detox potential of your pores. Sweating promotes the elimination of metals such as lead, mercury, cadmium from the body, so it is useful to take a steam bath after sports. Studies have also shown that sweat helps the body rid itself of numerous endocrine disruptors that interfere with the normal functioning of hormones.
Removing harmful waste products and excess chemical elements from the body is not the only useful function of perspiration. Ordinary sweat contains antibiotics (in special proteins), stem cells, as well as prebiotics, which promote skin healing, increase the efficiency of cell metabolism, and also remove pathogenic bacteria that often lead to acne. In the course of evolution, the human body has become a real guru in the field of detox: and this is not a complete list of all its methods to combat chemical ill-wishers - inside and outside itself.
Detox through urination and stool
The kidneys are a unique pair of filtering organs that are responsible for the most important channel for flushing waste and toxins out of the blood. Healthy kidneys do everything to maintain a balance of salts and fluids in the body, to maintain normal blood pressure and acid-base balance. This organ system faithfully and faithfully detoxifies the body throughout a person's life. Here are the cherished ways in which you will be of great service to them in this difficult task:
- Drink plenty of water: the kidneys need water for the secretion of urine, and it is the main excretory substance of our body. A low level of its generation can lead to the formation of "stones" in the kidney. To prevent all unpleasant interruptions in their work, just remember to drink 3.7 (for women) and 2.7 (for men) liters of clean fluid per day.
- Nourish your kidneys: Foods high in calcium, seaweed, fresh juices, cranberries and grapes are ideal items in your diet, especially if you are serious about cleaning your kidneys.
- Use herbal supplements: omega-3, vitamin B-6 and potassium citrate - the list can be expanded after consulting your doctor.
- Formed stools once or twice a day: One of the best ways to rid your body of toxins. You can help the body in this process by increasing the intake of fiber - fresh vegetables, fruits, healthy grains, legumes, whole grains.
This organ is one of the leaders in multitasking in your body. It has a sensitive filtration and waste disposal system. The most important process of neutralization of substances brought by lymph takes place in the liver. The liver cleanses our blood, and in order to help it, you can take the following easy measures (however, this statement is purely individual):
- Monitor your body mass index: a variation between 18-25 is normal. Refrain from regular overeating, frequent alcohol consumption, but strive for regular physical exercise.
- Avoid activities with a high risk of negative consequences: unprotected sex with different sexual partners, drugs - a classic list for this item that any doctor will not fail to mention.
- Know Your Risk Factors: Heredity or excessive alcohol consumption can cause liver problems or simply exacerbate them. Some diseases may not make themselves felt for many years and emerge at the wrong time in your life. Diagnostics and diagnostics again: do not be lazy to undergo an examination if you feel that something is amiss.
Photo: Getty Images
- 7 detox myths to forget
- Why you need to give up diets in favor of proper nutrition
- Strange diets on which the stars lose weight
- Iron deficiency and anemia: how to recognize, prevent and overcome them